[linux-dvb] cx88 Maintainers

Steven Toth stoth at linuxtv.org
Tue Oct 7 21:19:32 CEST 2008

Pieter Van Schaik wrote:
> Hi Steve,
> first of all, I cannot begin to thank you enough for replying I am most
> grateful! Secondly, I apologize if my question seemed idiotic, I have
> still much to learn regarding the open source community.
> I am extremely glad to hear that you are one of the maintainers and I
> hope you can provide me with some guidance regarding the following matter:
> I have a winfast tv2000 xp global card installed on a mythbuntu system.
> I have everything working except for the remote control. I understand
> that the remote control should be listed in the output of "cat
> /proc/bus/input/devices" but I do not see it there.  I have looked
> through the source code of the cx88-input.c file and I noticed that
> within the cx88-ir-init() function there is no case statement for this
> particular card, could this be related to my problem? Any guidance would
> be greatly appreciated.

Please CC the mailing list when it's related to basic kernel issues.
(I've re-added them).

cx88-input.c contains all of the code to handle IR for the cx88 cards.
If you don't see a case statement for your card then nobody has
implemented IR. Look for similar winfast cards and see how they
implement their IR,

Add your baord definition in one of these points and see of you can
encourage some IR activity.