[linux-dvb] analize ASI with dvbnoop and dektec 140

luisan82 at gmail.com luisan82 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 10 14:09:08 CEST 2008

I've been trying to analyze a ts with dvbsnoop through an ASI input
unsuccessfully.
When I execute dvbsnoop, it tries to read from a location (/dev/dvb/...)
wich doesn't exists.

# dvbsnoop -s pidscan
dvbsnoop V1.4.52 -- http://dvbsnoop.sourceforge.net/

Transponder PID-Scan...
Error(2): /dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0: No such file or directory

My /dev contains the following:

bus/        Dta1xx1     Dta1xx5     Dta1xx9     loop/       pts/
disk/       Dta1xx2     Dta1xx6     fd/         MAKEDEV     shm/
dri/        Dta1xx3     Dta1xx7     .initramfs/ mapper/     .static/
Dta1xx0     Dta1xx4     Dta1xx8     input/      net/        .udev/

Dektec commands are located at: /home/optiva/DTA1xx/LinuxSDK_feb08/

Dta1xx/    Dta1xxNw/  DTAPI/     DtPlay/    DtRecord/  DtRmxUtil/
Dtu2xx/

I think may be two alternatives to solve this (at least). First one and
cleaner is to have drivers and dektec software installed as must, that
is drivers at /dev/dvb and software at /usr (included in the path). The
other way could be use the dvb options to select the appropriate device,
but I've no idea how to use it.

 -demux device: demux device [/dev/dvb/adapter0/demux0]
   -dvr device:   dvr device [/dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0]
   -frontend device: frontend   device [/dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0]
   -adapter n:    select dvb adapter/card no. <n> using default path
   -devnr n:      select device no. <n> using default dvb adapter/card

Thanks in advance,

Luis Martinez