[linux-dvb] Nova-T-500 Remote & dvb-usb-dib0700-1.20.fw

Risto Pajula rippe.shacknet at gmail.com
Sun Oct 12 22:32:58 CEST 2008

Hello.

I can confirm the problem reported in the email:
http://www.linuxtv.org/pipermail/linux-dvb/2008-October/029625.html

I tested using the v4l-dvb mercurial from today and when
dvb-usb-dib0700-1.20.fw is used the remote always repeats the last
pressed key until the another key is pressed. If I use the same v4l-dvb
drivers and the dvb-usb-dib0700-1.10.fw the remote works just fine. The
cold boot is required between the tests to see any difference.

However I can not get any "dib0700: Unknown remote controller key:" but
dtv_property_cache_sync() appears in few minutes in the dmesg.

My system is:
Suse 11.0 2.6.25.16-0.1-default x86_64

I looked at the code and by making a lot of assumptions.... ;) I guess
the call to the dib0700_rc_setup() from the dib0700_rc_query() wont
erase the last IR code from the chip anymore if the new firmware is
used...? However I really don't have idea how to fix it.. I would be
happy to test anything if you have some suggestions.

BR.
Risto Pajula