[linux-dvb] Dvico HDTV Dual Express

Alex Ferrara alex at receptiveit.com.au
Wed Oct 15 23:51:12 CEST 2008

As reported by an earlier email, I have had poor tuner results with my
dual express card. I have tried playing with the RF amplification,
removing it completely, and testing the card in the same environment
running Vista. Vista works great, Linux does not.

Does anyone in the linux-dvb universe have this problem, or seem this
problem before? I think it is safe to say that if it works in Vista,
then the problem exists in the driver or firmware.

I have installed a Dvico dual digital 4 PCI (I believe it is a version
2), and it is working great. I'm also pretty sure that the firmware it
is using is the same that was used for the dual express card.

Am I holding my head the wrong way?

Regards
Alex Ferrara

Director