[linux-dvb] Dvico HDTV Dual Express

Alex Ferrara alex at receptiveit.com.au
Thu Oct 16 23:05:59 CEST 2008

On 16/10/2008, at 9:42 AM, Steven Toth wrote:

> Alex Ferrara wrote:
>> As reported by an earlier email, I have had poor tuner results with
>> my  dual express card. I have tried playing with the RF
>> amplification,  removing it completely, and testing the card in the
>> same environment  running Vista. Vista works great, Linux does not.
>
> This card works perfectly for me, I use it all of the time under
> Linux.
>
> - Steve

My Dvico HDTV Dual Digital 4 (PCI and confirmed Rev2) works perfectly.
No problems at all.

I also have 3 x Dvico HDTV Dual Digital Express (PCI Express dual
hybrid). It is the card with poor tuner performance. I know of some
people getting good results with the card, but I am guessing that it
could be related to where on the RF side that the channels are
transmitting. I have a friend in Canberra with the same card, and he
has very similar problems to me.

I'm just not sure where to go from here, as I know it isn't a faulty
card (works in Vista), I know it isn't a faulty antenna installation
(Works with my dual digital 4 and various Hauppauge cards).

Regards
Alex Ferrara

Director
Receptive IT Solutions