[linux-dvb] Revisiting the SNR/Strength issue

Steven Toth stoth at linuxtv.org
Fri Oct 17 20:23:10 CEST 2008

Andreas Oberritter wrote:
> Steven Toth wrote:
>> I don't agree to blindly massaging the demod values and trying to add a
>> fake user facing API is a real solution.
>
> I wonder what you're referring to with this sentence.

I think trying to massage various mysterious and unknown demod
statistics into something that we can barely understand, in order to get
them exposed in either a single unit of measure, or multiple units of
measure, isn't a credible solution.

We should go back and find the correct SNR mechanism for each demod.
Then review and agree on an internal kernel spec, and re-engineer the
demods to meet the spec.

Devin has started the ball rolling nicely, to allow this to happen.

- Steve