[linux-dvb] S2API pctv452e stb0899 simples2apitune

Dominik Kuhlen dkuhlen at gmx.net
Sat Oct 18 17:14:52 CEST 2008

Hi,
On Saturday 18 October 2008, Faruk A wrote:
> Hi Dominik!
>

> > - fast and always lock for DVB-S (up to 8MHz frequency offset allowed) (only tested with symrates: 22 and 27.5)
>
> yes channel lock is very fast and it always locks, i had no problem
> locking on DVB-S with 30000 symrate.
>
> > - DVB-S2 checked 19.2E 11915 H 27500 only (I cant test others)
>
> it locks fine on 13E DVB-S2 channels (27500)
>
> > - PCTV452e LED  green: FE open    orange: FE closed
> >  does the TT S2 3600 (3650CI) also have this led and is it attached to the same GPIO?
>
> The LED is working on TT-S2-3650CI
>
> > also attached simples2apitune which is same as simpledvbtune but for S2API
>
> simples2apitune is not working for me on both DVB-S and DVB-S2.
Oh yes, I haven't set the return value...
please find attached a new version which has that issue fixed

> [faruk at archer simples2apitune]$ ./simples2apitune -f 10975 -p h -s 27500
> using '/dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0' as frontend
> frontend fd=3: type=0 name=STB0899 Multistandard
> ioclt: FE_SET_VOLTAGE : 1
> Low band
> set tone: 0
> set symbol rate: 27500000 Sym/s
> set frequency: 1225000 kHz
> do tune....
> tuning qpsk failed
yes, the return value of set_qpsk_channel() is random :(

> Dominik are you too facing packet losses from TS?
Not in the streams i have tested so far.
how often and on which channels do you get errors?
what is the SNR for them?

> Thanks
> Faruk

Thanks for the feedback,