[linux-dvb] Dvico Dual Digital 4 rev 2 broken in October?

Alex Ferrara alex at receptiveit.com.au
Sun Oct 19 22:43:39 CEST 2008

On 19/10/2008, at 9:28 PM, Mark Callaghan wrote:

> I have been trying to install drivers for my DVICO Dual Digital 4
> rev 2 on ubuntu 8.04 (2.6.24-21-generic), following the farly
> consistent instructions here & there. e.g. https://help.ubuntu.com/community/DViCO_Dual_Digital_4
>  . But with no success. The v4l_dvb system builds & installs OK, but
> the card is not found on boot.
>
> I went back to the tip of Sept 28 - and had immediate success.
>
> Perhaps something has broken since then?
>
> Cheers,
> Mark

I have one of these cards in my system. The Ubuntu website asks you to
download and install certain firmware files, and I believe this is
where your problem is. The firmware files refer to Chris Pascoes
original driver, and the new one uses an extracted firmware from a
Hauppauge card.

Unfortunately I am writing this email in a hurry as I am late for
work, but I would check your dmesg output to see if there are any
messages relating to firmware. The script for extracting the current
firmware has been put into the kernel source and written by Steve Toth
I believe.

Regards
Alex Ferrara

Director