[linux-dvb] Leadtek WinFast DTV-1800H support

sustmi sustmidown at centrum.cz
Mon Oct 20 01:41:10 CEST 2008

Hi,

I was working on support for Leadtek WinFast DTV-1800H.
First I made it work with Markus Rechberger's v4l repository (there was
better XC3028-tunner code).

Few weeks ago Markus Rechberger announced that he is no going to
support non-ex28xx cards anymore and that I have to focus on the linuxtv
linux-dvb repository.

So I (cooperating with Paul Chubb) made a patch against linuxtv linux-dvb.
(attached file: leadtek_winfast_dtv1800h.patch)

It enables support for DVB-T, analogue TV, radio and IR remote control.

I have tried to use existing parts of code as much as possible.
The creation of 'cx88_xc3028_winfast1800h_callback' function was
necessary. Function 'cx88_xc3028_geniatech_tuner_callback' is similar,
but the extra GPIO code makes IR remote control not work.

It will be great if patch is merged into the repository.

There is one question I want to ask you in terms of this message:
http://www.linuxtv.org/pipermail/linux-dvb/2008-August/028117.html
Why is using of cx_write() risky?

Thank you for your reply.

- Miroslav Šustek