[linux-dvb] Problem making v4l driver tree

Mike Adolf mlnx at mho.com
Wed Oct 22 09:31:23 CEST 2008

According to the Mythtv Wiki on the pctv 800i card you need to extract
firmware from windows file and download "v4l-dvb-c800683faf86.tar.gz",
and do a make and make install to get the latest tree of drivers
installed.  However, when I did the make I got the following  error.
------
Updating/Creating .config
Preparing to compile for kernel version 2.6.25
File not found: /lib/modules/2.6.25.16-0.1-pae/build/.config at
./scripts/make_kconfig.pl line 32, <IN> line 4.
make[1]: *** No rule to make target `.myconfig', needed by
`config-compat.h'.  Stop.
-----
I am use to resolving dependency errors but don't know what to do with
this one. I am using SuSe 11.   Since I do get good video but no sound,
would it be a good idea to do an 'Install-sound' only-once I get it to make?

Mike