[linux-dvb] MSI DigiVox mini II V3.0 stopped working

Darron Broad darron at kewl.org
Wed Oct 22 11:42:34 CEST 2008

In message <48FEF474.50803 at iki.fi>, Antti Palosaari wrote:

hi

>Darron Broad kirjoitti:
>> In message <48FE6351.2000805 at podzimek.org>, Andrej Podzimek wrote:
>>> One more little note about the firmware:
>>>
>>> 	[andrej at xandrej firmware]$ sha1sum dvb-usb-af9015.fw
>>> 	6a0edcc65f490d69534d4f071915fc73f5461560  dvb-usb-af9015.fw
>>>
>>> That file can be found here: http://www.otit.fi/~crope/v4l-dvb/af9015/af9015_firmware_cutter/firmware_files/4.95.0/dvb-usb-af9015.fw
>>>
>>> Is it the right one? Shell I try something else?
>>
>> Lo
>>
>> try this patch (WARNING, although I have one of these devices
>> and this looked to fix it, I have no idea what this actually means).
>
>Your patch means it does not reconnect stick on USB-bus after firmware
>download. Anyhow, it should reconnect, there is reconnect command in
>af9015 driver after firmware download. I have no idea why functionality
>seems to be changed (stick does not reconnect anymore).

Okay, thanks for the overview.

>Is that problem coming from after new Kernel?

This is using:
Linux beethoven 2.6.27.1 #1 SMP PREEMPT Thu Oct 16 23:29:23 BST 2008 x86_64 GNU/Linux

With http://linuxtv.org/hg/v4l-dvb/

I admit, I haven't used this device as yet, it's been in my
drawer waiting to be tested on my TV computer, hopefully
replacing two tuners with the one stick... :-)

Thanks for your efforts with this.

Cya

--

 // /