[linux-dvb] [ANNOUNCE] scan-s2 is available, please test

Alex Betis alex.betis at gmail.com
Sat Oct 25 23:52:54 CEST 2008

Hello all,

I've setup the http://mercurial.intuxication.org/hg/scan-s2/ repository with
scan utility ported to work with Igor's S2API driver.
Driver is available here: http://mercurial.intuxication.org/hg/s2-liplianin/

Special thanks to Igor for his driver and for szap-s2 utility that I've used
as a reference for scan-s2.
Thanks also to someone from the net that posted his changes to scan utility
that allowed it to work with uncommitted diseqc.

Pay attention to parameters (see README as well), I've added some and
removed some that I don't think are needed.

Scan results gave me the same channels as with multiproto driver on all my
satellites, so that confirms also that Igor's driver is working well.

I didn't yet tested the output files with szap-s2 or with VDR, don't have
time right now.
Please test and let me know if changes are needed.

I have only Twinhan 1041 card (stb0899), so I can't test it with DVB-T,
DVB-C and ATSC standarts, but theoretically it should work.

Enjoy,
Alex.