[linux-dvb] USB DVB-T Tuner with Alfa AF9015 + Philips TDA18211

David dvb-t at iinet.com.au
Thu Sep 11 03:54:33 CEST 2008

> David wrote:
>> Hi All
>> I have been offered this low cost device.
>> Just to enquire if any work is has already been done or is underway, to
>> support devices with this chipset and tuner combination.
> Could you try http://linuxtv.org/hg/~anttip/af9015 . Download firmware
> from
> http://www.otit.fi/~crope/v4l-dvb/af9015/af9015_firmware_cutter/firmware_files/4.95.0/dvb-usb-af9015.fw
> . It should work if your device has reference design USB-IDs, if not new
> USB-IDs should be added to the driver.
> regards
> Antti
> --
> http://palosaari.fi/

Hi Antti

Thanks very much for your reply and apologies for the delay in my response
as I only received a sample of this unit today.

I tested it in a box that already had your driver installed for use with a
Leadtek Winfast Dongle Gold (which, incidentally works extremely well, thank
you for your efforts.)

I ran a dmesg and the system sees it as:-
[ 23.514189] input: NEWMI USB2.0 DVB-T TV Stick as

The af9015 driver complains:
[ 34.055777] dvb_usb_af9015: disagrees about version of symbol

lsusb returns:
Bus 004 Device 003: ID 15a4:9016