[linux-dvb] S2API simple szap-s2 utility

Gregoire Favre gregoire.favre at gmail.com
Fri Sep 12 09:45:13 CEST 2008

On Fri, Sep 12, 2008 at 09:30:04AM +0300, "?????? ????? <liplianin at tut.by>"@vdr.localdomain wrote:

> mplayer, kaffeine, xine works with properly filled channels.conf
>
>   mplayer dvb://channelname
>
> Or you may try:
> In one console
>   szap-s2 channelname -r
>
> In another
>   mplayer - < /dev/dvb/adaptero/dvr0

Thank you very much, I missed the -r yesterday :-)

Unfortunetely today I can't tune to anything, I always got this error :
FE_SET_PROPERTY failed: Operation not permitted

Directly with mplayer, I only get sofar :

mplayer dvb://1@ZDF
MPlayer dev-SVN-r27546 (C) 2000-2008 MPlayer Team
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU          6600  @ 2.40GHz (Family: 6, Model:
15, Stepping: 6)
Compiled for x86 CPU with extensions: MMX MMX2 SSE SSE2

Playing dvb://1@ZDF.
dvb_tune Freq: 11954000
TS file format detected.

Thanks.