[linux-dvb] xc3028 config issue. Re: Why I need to choose better Subject: headers [was: Re: Why (etc.)]

Paul Chubb paulc at singlespoon.org.au
Mon Sep 29 09:50:38 CEST 2008

Hi Mauro,

Mauro Carvalho Chehab wrote:
> On Mon, 22 Sep 2008 07:46:34 +1000
> Paul Chubb <paulc at singlespoon.org.au> wrote:
>

>> Hi,
>>        I have integrated all the advice give with some success.
>> Australia has five companies who transmit each having a number of
>> channels. I am finding that using scan, tzap and mplayer I can always
>> view all southern cross ten channels however HD is without sound. I can
>> view all SBS channels.
>>
>> I have been playing with the offset Mauro suggested in generid_set_freq.
>>

> Ok. I'm assuming that the patch were correct, so I'm applying it.

Certainly made a difference. Instead of running in circles, the problem
solving became straight forward. Many thanks....
>> 2) in xc2028_set_params in tuner_xc2028.c it adds 200khz to demod
>>

> This is needed by design on xc2028/3028. Hmm... xc3028XL has some differences
> here, at the firmware... Maybe you have those newer tuners. If so, you'll need
> firmware v3.6, instead of v2.7.

I will leave that one alone then...
>> 3) in generic_set_freq in the same file it has a -500khz offset which I
>> was playing with
>>

> This is something specific for Australia, based on some tests from one DVB
> developer that used to live there.

I tested a range of frequencies from 0 to -1000 for the offset and found
the sweetspot to be around -600. Probably within the variance between
different locations in Australia. I am in Canberra and your other
developer was probably somewhere else.
> Cheers,
> Mauro

thanks again

BTW I will be offline for a couple of weeks, so have not lost interest...

Cheers Paul

believed to be clean.