[linux-dvb] SkyStar HD2 (TwinHan VP-1041/Mantis) S2API support

Dave Lister foceni at gmail.com
Sat Apr 11 20:07:31 CEST 2009

2009/4/11 Dave Lister <foceni at gmail.com>:

> RESULTS (using "s2" dvb-apps):
> - scanning DVB-S works
> - scanning DVB-S2 doesn't work
> - zapping DVB-S is fast
>
> BUT there is a big problem now; even when I have FE_HAS_LOCK,
> /dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0 is dead; trying to read dvr0 blocks as if there
> was no lock! Any suggestions? I'd really like to make this work - this
> driver seems the best of both worlds! :)

My bad, didn't know -r had to be used with szap. :) Now both drivers
(mantis-v4l, liplianin-s2) seem to work fine, although when I do
something with DVB-S2, I loose signal altogether and have to reboot.
Module reload doesn't help, so I'd say the drivers botch something
inside the HW. :) Will report back as soon as I know more.

Thank you for helping me out, everybody!

--
David Lister