[linux-dvb] mt352 no more working after suspend to disk

hermann pitton hermann-pitton at arcor.de
Mon Feb 9 23:16:01 CET 2009

Hi Nico,

Am Montag, den 09.02.2009, 12:33 +0100 schrieb Nico Sabbi:
> Hi,
> if I suspend to disk and next resume I have to manually remove and
> reload my mt352 driver, otherwise it complains of a lot of i2c
> errors.
>
> My kernel is suse's 2.6.27.
>
> Is this problem fixed in recent kernels or in hg?
>
> Thanks,
> 	Nico

don't know on what driver you report it, but since I know you also have
saa7134 driver devices, nobody claimed so far that dvb is suspend/resume
safe.

I recently reported that people have to stay aware after resume, that
even without using any dvb app actually during suspend, analog needs to
be re-initialized first after that to get the tda10046 in a proper state
for DVB-T again, at least on hybrid devices. Unshared DVB-S tuners and
demods do stand this already. (medion 8800quad, CTX948, Asus 3in1)

You can suspend to RAM on analog for example with a running tvtime and
resume, but dma sound on saa7134-alsa is also not handled yet. Analog
sound works.

That is the status as far I have it.

Cheers,
Hermann