[linux-dvb] Fwd: HVR2250 Status - Where am I?

Devin Heitmueller devin.heitmueller at gmail.com
Fri Feb 27 19:34:57 CET 2009

On Fri, Feb 27, 2009 at 1:27 PM, Andrew Barbaccia
> Sorry, maybe I phrased my request as a solution which is not what I
> intended. I was unaware of your agreements with NXP. I see you added how
> much money has been donated to your post. That's more than enough of a
> status indicator for me.
> Possibly could you roughly estimate how much more work is required and
> present it in the same manner?
> I want to you know that I do support this project and have just contributed
> - both as a thank you for your prior work and willingness to help the
> community in addition to the HVR-2250 support.

Andrew,

I cannot speak to the saa7164, but to give you an order of magnitude,
I spent over a month working on the saa7136 support, working every
night and weekend for 4-6 hours.  The analog support I did for the
au0828/au8522 took about 100 hours.

So, while not necessarily an apples-to-apples comparison, these
drivers tend to take tens or sometimes hundreds of hours of
development.  They are definitely a non-trivial amount of work to do.

Bear in mind that the saa7164 is a much more complicated chip than the saa7136.

Devin

--
Devin J. Heitmueller
http://www.devinheitmueller.com