[linux-dvb] AverTV Hybrid Volar HX (A827)

Zdenek Kabelac zdenek.kabelac at gmail.com
Fri Jan 2 14:21:11 CET 2009

2009/1/2 Kuba Irzabek <vega01 at wp.pl>:
> Hello,
>
> I noticed some posts from quite a long time ago from people interested
> in running AverTV A827 under Linux. Is anyone still interested or
> working on it? I'm currently mainly interested in getting the analog TV
> part working.
>
> Regards,
>
> Kuba Irzabek

Hi

Currently we have some progress with DVB-T part of this device - the
only problem is, it's using uncommon USB comunication protocol I've
not yet seen in other dvb usb tuner - it send BULK request and expect
Interrupt responce and I'm not yet big expert on USB programming - and
it needs some time.

Are you experienced USB programmer ?

It might allow us to get at least DVB-T part functional really soon then.

AFAIK there is no work done on Analog part.

Zdenek