[linux-dvb] pcHDTV-5500 and FC10 (resend, was too big)

Greg thewatchman at gmail.com
Fri Jan 2 15:31:57 CET 2009

It seems like something is broken with the code with regard to detecting the
tuner type or maybe the tuner tyes are wrong in the code.

I have tried specifying a tuner type in modeprob.d/options and this has
given me limited success (options cx88xx tuner=64). I have been able to get
the channel scan to work doing this, but so far no video capture. I am not
sure what the correct tuner is or how I can now capture video to see if it
is working. I have tried the watch tv option and catpure video on mythtv tv,
but the live TV times out and the recorded video is just snow, so something
is still not quite right with the setup.

Is there a simple way to dump the digitial video from a specified channnel
to a file and play it with mplayer or something?

Hope someone can help fix this tunner issue. (see my previous post for more
details).

Greg