[linux-dvb] HVR-1200, cx23885 driver and Message Signaled Interrupts

Peter Hoeg peter at hoeg.com
Sun Jan 4 07:27:00 CET 2009

Hans-Frieder,

> Hi Peter, hi List,
>
> attached is a patch that enables MSI on the cx23885. I tested this patch for a
> while now on a Dvico FusionHDTV Dual Express and have not found any side
> effects. It works on versions 2.6.27.x and 2.6.28. 2.6.28-gitx not tried yet.

I applied your patch against trunk v4l-dvb tree on stock Ubuntu kernel
2.6.27-9.

While the module loads properly when passed enable_msi=1 and
/proc/interrupts as well as lspci tell me that everything should be set
up fine, I am not getting any interrupts delivered as per attached
output of:
  cat /proc/interrupts

For troubleshooting purposes I have also attached the output of:
  dmesg | egrep -i "tv|dvb|haupp|cx|tda"

/peter