[linux-dvb] DVB-S Channel searching problem

Eduard Huguet eduardhc at gmail.com
Sun Jan 4 20:46:23 CET 2009

> ---------- Missatge reenviat ----------
> From: "Alex Betis" <alex.betis at gmail.com>
> To: kedgedev at centrum.cz
> Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2009 22:48:45 +0200
> Subject: Re: [linux-dvb] DVB-S Channel searching problem

Hi,
    I've been more or less following this message thread. I just wanted to
share that I've never been able to perform a succesfult channel scan for
Astra 19.2 with my DVB-S card (which is an Avermedia DVB-S Pro, absolutely
not related to yours, but anyway...).

I suspect that it's some kind of driver problem that makes the card unable
to lock onto any of the frecuencies listed in default dvb-utils supplied
Astra-19.2 file. This file seems to contain a very small set of basic
frecuencies (only 2 im I'm not wrong, at least in Gentoo...). I don't know
if this should be enough, but anyway never worked for me.

However, I discovered a page that seems to maintain a more complete set of
frecuency files. Here you have the link for them:

    http://joshyfun.peque.org/transponders/kaffeine.html

Although they are referred as "Kaffeine" format they are perfectly
compatible with dvb-utils 'scan' program. Give them a try, they worked
perfect for me :D

Best regards,
  Eduard Huguet