[linux-dvb] Leadtek WinFast PxDVR3200 H

Robert Golding robert.golding at gmail.com
Sun Jan 25 08:42:27 CET 2009

2009/1/25 Wayne and Holly <wayneandholly at alice.it>:
> Hello list,
> I have a Leadtek WinFast PxDVR3200 H that I am attempting to utilise with
> MythTV.  The Wiki site states that experimental support exists for the DVB
> side and that "Successful tuning of typical Australian channels" has been
> achieved.
> I am able to create a channels.conf (attached) using scan, and am then able
> to tune using mythtv-setup, however none of these channels are viewable with
> the mythfrontend due to it being unable to gain a lock.
> Relevant bits and pieces:
> scan, using the latest it-Varese file scan is able to tune to three of the
> five transponders as per the attached file "scan".  It also scans on
> 800000000Hz but I have no idea why.
> The file leadtek.dmesg contains the relevant info from dmesg (and
> messages.log) regarding the initialisation of the card itself.  There are no
> error messages at any time (that I am aware of) despite all of my fiddling
> about.
> Of the three transponders that are in my channels.conf file, the third one
> (618000000Hz) causes an error when tuning in mythtv-setup.  It states that
> channels are found but the tsid is incorrect.  As such, only the first two
> successful transponders (706000000 and 602000000) are tuned by myth.
> When I attempt to view the tuned channels, myth is unable to gain a lock on
> any of them.  The reported signal strength is about 58% and the S/N varies
> between 3 and 3.8dB.  I am able to tune DVB-T channels on my TV using the
> same aerial cable but am wondering if signal strength is an issue.
> I am running it on Kubuntu with a 2.6.24-19 kernel, I have a recent version
> of the v4l-dvb tree (approx Nov 08) and am using firmware version 2.7.  I
> haven't updated the drivers or the firmware as I have no reason to believe
> there are changes that would effect this.  That said, if someone thinks
> there has been changes I will get straight on it.
> I am more than happy to provide more debugging info if required (if you are
> willing to tell me where else to look) and appreciate any help provided.
> Cheers
> Wayne

I have the same card, so this might help.
I was experiencing many frontend problems when I came across a
references in the list to a third party firmware files.
It explained that you had to download and extract the firmware within
to the firmware dir.

I cannot remember exactly what, where and which, however, if you'd
like, I can email the extracted fw.tar.bz2(1.5MB) and
ivtv.firmware.tar.bz2(123KB) files to you.  Then just extract the
contents to your firmware dir (on Gentoo /lib/firmware).

Anyway, long story short, that fixed it for me.  Now I'm just waiting
to be able to use the FM radio.

Regards,	Robert

..... Some people can tell what time it is by looking at the sun, but
I have never been able to make out the numbers.
Errata: Spelling mistakes are not intentional, however, I don't use
spell checkers because it's too easy to allow the spell checker to
make the decisions and use words that are out of context for that
being written, i.e. their/there, your/you're, threw/through and even
accept/except, not to mention foreign (I'm Australian) English
spelling, i.e. colour/color, socks/sox, etc,.