[linux-dvb] How to use scan-s2?

Alex Betis alex.betis at gmail.com
Mon Jan 26 10:35:10 CET 2009

On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 1:48 AM, Mika Laitio <lamikr at pilppa.org> wrote:

> > I also run it with "-5".
> > I personaly don't like to use network advertisements (-n switch) since I
> > don't trust them.
> > I use a full frequency filled INI file.
>
> Hi
>
> It might be that the signal is not the best possible for me as I can only
> scan about 500 channels with scan by using a command:
> ./scan -o vdr -a 1 Astra-19.2E
>
> In Astra-19.2E I have single line:
> #Astra 1KR (19.2E) - 10743.75 H - DVB-S (QPSK) - 22000 5/6 - NID:1 -
> TID:1051
> S 10743750 H 22000000 5/6
>
> However, once scanned the channels like eurosport, arte, skynews, cnn
> international shows up just fine with vdr-1.6.0.
>
> But if I try to use the same Astra-19.2E file with scan-s2, it can only
> find the channels from frequency 10743750 if I have stopped the "scan"
> after it had found those channels... If I let the scan to run in the end
> to other frequencies, then scan-s2 can not find anything...
>
> ./scan-s2 -a 1 -5 -n Astra-19.2E
>
> Propably Klaus Schmidinger reported something related with his TT-3200 in
> http://www.mail-archive.com/vdr@linuxtv.org/msg08493.html
> I have however hvr-4000.

As an owner of cx24116 device you should know that it doesn't allow any AUTO
settings, so you have to create an INI file with all parameters explicitly
specifed (FEC, modulation, rolloff).

I believe this is the main problem.

Also, please take the latest scan-s2, I've done some changes especily for
cx24116 cards.