[linux-dvb] Technotrend Budget S2-3200 Digital artefacts on HDchannels

Chris Silva 2manybills at gmail.com
Mon Jan 26 16:51:09 CET 2009

On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 3:44 PM, Alex Betis <alex.betis at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 5:41 PM, Chris Silva <2manybills at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 2:40 PM, Newsy Paper
>> <newspaperman_germany at yahoo.com> wrote:
>> > the transponders you don't get lock are problem transponders of s2-3200.
>> > The driver is still not able to lock on dvb-s2 30000 3/4 transponders :(
>> >
>> > Which software do you use to play HD content?
>> > you need either xine-lib 1.2 with external ffmpeg (recent developer's
>> > version).
>> > or xine-vdpau (if you have a NVIDIA graka that supports h264 hw
>> > acceleration).
>> >
>> > regards
>> >
>> > Newsy
>>
>> I can confirm this. I use S30W (Hispasat) and one of the providers,
>> Meo, broadcasts everything on DVB-S2 30000 3/4.
>> I can't get a lock on any of the transponders/channels. And to make
>> matters worse, not even scan-s2 can get a really usable channel list.
>> I had to build the list by hand, according to
>> http://pt.kingofsat.net/pack-meo.php page.
>>
>> And it still doesn't work.
>>
>> I use vdr-xine and xineliboutput with vdr 1.7.0 and up, plus
>> xine-vdpau to no avail.
>>
>> What's the point of having a DVB-S2 card if we can't tune to those
>> channels? What's missing in the S2-3200 drivers?
>
> What drivers do you use?
> I saw that Igor did some changes in his repository to lock on high SR
> channels.

I've tried with both v4l-dvb and Igor repository. Haven't tried with
latest changes Igor made.

I'll try it tonight and comment on the state.

But for now, I'm somewhat disappointed. It's been over 6 months trying
to make DVB-S2 transponders to work and no result to show.

But wey... DVB-S works perfectly.

Chris