[linux-dvb] Re : Technotrend Budget S2-3200 Digital artefacts on HDchannels

Manu Abraham abraham.manu at gmail.com
Tue Jan 27 20:56:21 CET 2009

Manu wrote:
> Le 26.01.2009 13:50:24, Manu Abraham a écrit :
>> On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 8:19 PM, Alex Betis <alex.betis at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Latest changes I can see at
>> 7
>> getting.
>> repository.
>>> He did it few months ago. If you're on latest than you should have
>> it.
>>>

>> It won't. All you will manage to do is burn your demodulator, if you
>> happen
>> be that lucky one, with that change. At least a few people have
>> burned
>> demodulators by now, from what i do see.
>
> Hmm OK, but is there by any chance a fix for those issues somewhere or
> in the pipe at least? I am willing to test (as I already offered), I
> can compile the drivers, spread printk or whatever else is needed to
> get useful reports. Let me know if I can help sort this problem. BTW in
> my case it is DVB-S2 30000 SR and FEC 5/6.

It was quite not appreciable on my part to provide a fix or reply in
time nor spend much time on it earlier, but that said i was quite
stuck up with some other things.

Can you please pull a copy of the multiproto tree
http://jusst.de/hg/multiproto or the v4l-dvb tree from
http://jusst.de/hg/v4l-dvb

and apply the following patch and comment what your result is ?
Before applying please do check whether you still have the issues.

BTW: lot of patience you have compared to the other users :)

Regards,
Manu