[linux-dvb] Re : Technotrend Budget S2-3200 Digital artefacts on HDchannels

Alex Betis alex.betis at gmail.com
Tue Jan 27 21:37:17 CET 2009

On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 9:56 PM, Manu Abraham <abraham.manu at gmail.com>wrote:

> > Hmm OK, but is there by any chance a fix for those issues somewhere or
> > in the pipe at least? I am willing to test (as I already offered), I
> > can compile the drivers, spread printk or whatever else is needed to
> > get useful reports. Let me know if I can help sort this problem. BTW in
> > my case it is DVB-S2 30000 SR and FEC 5/6.
>
> It was quite not appreciable on my part to provide a fix or reply in
> time nor spend much time on it earlier, but that said i was quite
> stuck up with some other things.
>
> Can you please pull a copy of the multiproto tree
> http://jusst.de/hg/multiproto or the v4l-dvb tree from
> http://jusst.de/hg/v4l-dvb
>
> and apply the following patch and comment what your result is ?
> Before applying please do check whether you still have the issues.

Manu,
I've tried to increase those timers long ago when played around with my card
(Twinhan 1041) and scan utility.
I must say that I've concentrated mostly on DVB-S channels that wasn't
always locking.
I didn't notice much improvements. The thing that did help was increasing
the resolution of scan zigzags.
I've sent a patch on that ML and people were happy with the results.
The patch went to Igor's repository, don't know were it goes from there.

I believe DVB-S2 lock suffer from the same problem, but in that case the
zigzag is done in the chip and not in the driver.
Since I have no documentation of the chip I was stuck and left it. So if you
have the knowledge or documentation of the chip,
try to go in that direction.

By the way, question to those who have such channels:
Does windows based applications show those channels properly?