[linux-dvb] Technotrend C-2300 and CAM

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Sat Jan 31 12:43:51 CET 2009

Hi,

for some reason, my CAM (Alphacrypt Classic) doesn't seem to be
detected by my Technotrend C-2300/CI combination. There is nothing in
the kernel log/syslog when inserting or removing the card. I updated
the card to the latest firmware (3.18) to no avail.
I don't even know where to start debugging. No windows here, so I
can't really tell whether this is a hardware problem.
Any hints on where to start looking would help. The combination seems
to work fine for almost everybody, beside one single thread on this
list in 2007 that didn't come to a conclusion either.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/