[linux-dvb] some technical help

Diego Pérez Hernández diegicweb at yahoo.es
Tue Jul 28 12:19:20 CEST 2009

Hello friends, I'm a spanish
programmer working nowadays with a DVB-T tuner card, in particular
with AVerTV DVB-T Volar, model number A808, by Avermedia.

I'm
programming an application on Eclipse C/C++, in order to obtain and
process some parameters of DVB-T.

I have problems to manage the frontend
of the card, in particular the function ioctl in the cases that need
read/write access (FE_GET_EVENT, SET_FRONTEND). In the cases that
nead read only access (READ_BER, READ_SNR, GET_INFO, etc)the running
is perfect.

First I thought it was a problem related to
permissions, so I got into Eclipse as root and made the frontend
accessible for all users. It didn't solve the problem.

I would
be so much pleased to receive any help, advice, suggestion,
whatever...

Thank you very much in advance.

Diego