[linux-dvb] KWORLD 323U, kernel panic when trying to access ALSA interface

Marios Andreopoulos opensource at andmarios.com
Wed Nov 4 19:33:48 CET 2009

Just a small update.

After this message of yours: http://www.linuxtv.org/pipermail/linux-dvb/2009-October/032442.html
I tried again the v4l-dvb tree and now my card works without problems!

I don’t know what the problem was with your tree. I think another tree I had used previously copied it’s modules to a non standard location in /lib/modules/current-kernel/ and thus its modules took precedence over the kernels’, yours’ or v4l-dvb’s modules.

It just happened that I upgraded my kernel recently and found out that v4l-dvb works now.