[linux-dvb] Dual tuner DVB-T card on Linux

Rob Mueller robm at fastmail.fm
Mon Nov 9 03:29:43 CET 2009

>> I'm using the Hauppauge Nova-T 500 Dual DVB-T.
>>
> I'll second that with one proviso; it is essential to turn the LNA (Low
> Noise Amplifier) on. See this thread:

> A system shutdown and cold restart seems to be essential to reset the
> card.
>
> Other than that, it's an excellent choice, imo.

I have also been using a Nova-T 500 PCI card for about 18 months and have
been very happy with it. Works fine out of the box with recent Ubunutu
versions (8.10 and up is my memory).

Do turn on the LNA, and if you're in Australia, enable the work around for
ABC/SBS problems. See bottom of the wiki for details.

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Hauppauge_WinTV_Nova-T_500_PCI

Rob