[linux-dvb] Compro VideoMate U80 DVB-T USB 2.0 High Definition Digital TV Stick

Jan Hoogenraad jan-conceptronic at hoogenraad.net
Fri Jan 8 08:28:49 CET 2010

So: it is a Realtek 2831 device.

Please first check /lib/udev/rules.d/50-udev-default.rules.
There seems to be a generic problem with Karmac there.
Look at http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1327337 which gives
solution for the problem by installing a new rule:-
/etc/udev/rules.d/50-udev.rules

Under Ubuntu Karmac, I have heard that the anttip/rtl2831u driver works
  (alas without IR support) with this workaround. Of the
jhoogenraad/rtl2831-2 I have no confirmation yet.

Which one have you downloaded ?

drappa wrote:
> Jan Hoogenraad wrote:
>> Can you give us the USB ID
>> (type on the command line: lsusb, and report the output)
>>
>> The U90 has a RTL2831 in it. More info on the driver on:
>> http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Rtl2831_devices
> Hi Jan
>
> USB ID is :  185b-0150  Compro
>
> I built the driver as per the link but the device does not initialise.
>
> Tested using an Ubuntu Studio Karmic installation with two afatech 9015
> USB devices connected ok
>
> Thanks
> drappa
>

>> drappa wrote:
>>> Hi All
>>>
>>> http://www.comprousa.com/en/product/u80/u80.html
>>>
>>> I'd be grateful if anyone can tell me if this device is supported
>>> yet, and if so, any pointers to getting it working.
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> Drappa
>>>

>>> --
>>> linux-media" in