[linux-dvb] Adding Analog support to Mygica X8558.

Sunil Khiatani sunil at khiatani.ath.cx
Wed Jul 28 04:19:50 CEST 2010

Hi,

I would like to try to add support to the mygica X8558. Digital TV is
already supported for this hardware in the linux kernel but analog
support isn't.  I haven't done kernel development before but the
chipset it contains, cx23885, seems to be widely supported.

I'm having trouble deciding whether it is possible to enable analog
support on this card.  It seems that there are two tuners for digital
tv, but only one cx23885.  Will it be possible to support two analog
tuners as well? What information should I try to obtain to help answer
this question so I can start coding for it asap

Regards,

Sunil