[linux-dvb] TT Budget C-1501 with Alphacrypt - write errors

Simon Baxter linuxtv at nzbaxters.com
Thu Sep 2 11:41:14 CEST 2010

I'm running 2x TT-C1501 cards with 2x Alphacrypt CAMs running 3.19 with VDR.
I'm running kernel.

Mostly they work well and decode multi channels just fine.  But
intermittantly (a few times a day) one the CAMs can't be written to and drop
to "CAM Ready" under VDR, needing a reset before they'll start working
again.  It's happenning to both, but never at the same time.

In VDR I'm getting this read error from dvbci.c:
void cDvbCiAdapter::Write(const uint8_t *Buffer, int Length)
  if (Buffer && Length > 0) {
     if (safe_write(fd, Buffer, Length) != Length)
        esyslog("ERROR: can't write to CI adapter on device %d: %m",

It's driving me mad, and I'm looking at a way of automatically resetting the
CAMs just to keep things running.

Any suggestions on why the CAMs would lock up?  Any suggestions on debugs I
can run to diagnose?