[linux-dvb] impossible to tune card, but I can watch TV :?

mutoid mutoid at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 12:13:32 CEST 2011

Hello,

I have an Avermedia Super 007, installed in a headless Linux machine to
multicast some TV channels.

I use "mumudvb" and works fine, without problem. I can stream 4 TV channels
and 4 radios at once

But now I need to extract EPG data, using dbvtune and tv_grab_dvb

I tried 2 configurations:

* Kworld USB DVB-T + dvbtune + tv_grab_dvb = works fine

~# dvbtune -c 1 -f 770000
Using DVB card "Afatech AF9013 DVB-T"
tuning DVB-T (in United Kingdom) to 770000000 Hz
polling....
Getting frontend event
FE_STATUS:
polling....
Getting frontend event
FE_STATUS: FE_HAS_SIGNAL FE_HAS_LOCK FE_HAS_CARRIER FE_HAS_VITERBI
FE_HAS_SYNC
Event:  Frequency: 780600000
        SymbolRate: 0
        FEC_inner:  2

Bit error rate: 0
Signal strength: 51993
SNR: 120
FE_STATUS: FE_HAS_SIGNAL FE_HAS_LOCK FE_HAS_CARRIER FE_HAS_VITERBI
FE_HAS_SYNC

* Avermedia Super 007 + dvbtune = no working

~# dvbtune -c 0 -f 770000
Using DVB card "Philips TDA10046H DVB-T"
tuning DVB-T (in United Kingdom) to 770000000 Hz
polling....
Getting frontend event
FE_STATUS:
polling....
polling....
polling....
polling....

Why can I use dvbtune with one USB card but not with a PCI card?

Thanks.