[mpeg2] Using 2 KFIR cards in a PC

Anssi Hannula anssi.hannula at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 14:59:30 CET 2005

Jean-Luc KARMANN wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I am interested to put 2 KFIR cards in my PC.
>
> Is it possible ?

Looking at kfir driver source code, it should work with maximum of 8
devices.

> How can I use the 2 cards : open with /dev/video0 and /dev/video1 ?

Yes.

> And how must I do to use different settings for the 2 cards with insmod ?

The driver doesn't currently support different settings for the cards.
However, the insmod parameters can be easily modified to support
inputting multiple values. If you need this, I might be able to help.

--
Anssi Hannula