[mpeg2] Using 2 KFIR cards in a PC

Jean-Luc KARMANN jl.karmann at tonna.com
Wed Mar 16 11:12:18 CET 2005

Hi,

First, a great thanks for your porting of the KFIR driver under 2.6
(this help me a lot) !

  I installed the driver on Fedora 3 (must place the files
"altera_keb_plx_5e.rbf" and "MPEG1_6.HLD" under "/lib/firmware").
  It works fine (many hours without stopping the machine) !

Anssi Hannula a écrit:

> Jean-Luc KARMANN wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>

>> I am interested to put 2 KFIR cards in my PC.
>>
>> Is it possible ?
>

> Looking at kfir driver source code, it should work with maximum of 8
> devices.

Super !

>> How can I use the 2 cards : open with /dev/video0 and /dev/video1 ?
>>

> Yes.

I'll try it asap !

>> And how must I do to use different settings for the 2 cards with
>> insmod ?
>

> The driver doesn't currently support different settings for the cards.
> However, the insmod parameters can be easily modified to support
> inputting multiple values. If you need this, I might be able to help.

What do you mean about "inputting multiple values" ?

Jean-Luc KARMANN