[vdr] VDR, XMLTV on single channel

jori.hamalainen at teliasonera.com jori.hamalainen at teliasonera.com
Fri Apr 1 13:20:00 CEST 2005

Hi,

as you know xmltv2vdr is made for complete EPG replacement for VDR.

I want to add xmltv-data to EPG for some channels. For example
discovery-channel has just now/next info, and I want to import
full EPG for just this channel, and use DVB supplied EPG for
others.

This is because tv_grab_fi with all channels takes a lot of time,
and I don't get satellite info from there (I've DVB-C & DVB-S -system).

I modified xmltv2vdr.pl just by dropping "CLRE"-command and its
response, so other channels would not clear. It ran ok, but
after tuning to discovery still no extended EPG.

I am guessing that to fix this I need to make EPG-scan to 0, but
I don't want to do that. Any ideas?

Possible ideas:
- EPG scan to 0
  - doesn't update other channels
  - modify xmltv2vdr to make "scan" -command?
- change PCR pid (or what is the data pid) to false value
  - VDR 'auto-pid' will detect this and change it?
    - other problems on channel
  - and will not turn off 'auto-pid' because satellite entries constantly
    changes
- change VDR EPG handling and configuration, with 'no_auto_epg'-flag
  on channels.conf. For example to same flag-field like polarity etc.
  - add SVDRP CLRE-command a parameter: channel to be cleared.

Or is there more simple solutions?

Best regards, Jori