[vdr] Motorised dish tuning delays and vdr

Seppo Ingalsuo seppo.ingalsuo at iki.fi
Sun Apr 3 19:03:12 CEST 2005

Seppo Ingalsuo wrote:

> I wonder if I should try to hack diseqc.conf parsing to wait for some
> time per each required degree for motor turn to avoid issuing the dvb
> tuning command too early.

That works well when combined with your patches! The hack also gives
possibility to drive motor close to final position with high LNB voltage
to get faster movement. I'm curious if the rotor plugin does similar
thing (not suitable for me because I'm using a legacy positioner)? As
far as I understand two way communication is supported in diseqc 2.0
while most diseqc positioners are only 1.2 so some kind of  blind delay
for waiting motor is required.

Seppo