[vdr] Can't install e-tobi.net debian packages?

Darren Salt linux at youmustbejoking.demon.co.uk
Tue Apr 5 22:14:15 CEST 2005

I demand that Thomas Günther may or may not have written...

> Darren Salt schrieb:
>> It should be enough to lightly tweak my vdr-plugin-subtitles package and
>> to apply its patch or the combined subtitles patch (which is what I use in
>> case some who use my packages want/need ttxtsubs, which I can't test) to
>> vdr.

> Thank you! I adapted your source package to vdrdevel. The combined
> subtitles-ttxtsubs patch is already active in multipatch. So it should
> work.

This is good :-)

> Why do you set CXXFLAGS in debian/rules? Is there a problem with
> optimization -O2?

I've noticed problems with that and gdb: variables' contents have been
misreported. (Whether this is still the case, I've not checked.)

This kind of thing should be more fine-grained in $PLUGIN/Makefile, IMO.

[snip]
--
| Darren Salt | nr. Ashington, | d youmustbejoking,demon,co,uk
| Debian,     | Northumberland | s zap,tartarus,org
| RISC OS     | Toon Army      | @
|   You too can roll your own kernel...

Always remember to pillage *before* you burn.