[vdr] Re : Read the second language pid with mplayer

Patrick Gueneau pgueneau at wanadoo.fr
Tue Apr 5 23:33:07 CEST 2005

Hello Nicolas,

Le lundi, 4 avr 2005, à 17:10 Europe/Paris, tarass at club-internet.fr a
écrit :

> Hello,
>
> I have recorded some movie with two languages (ussually I have only
> one because off the cam limitation) and I want to know how to hear the
> second language pid with mplayer and mencoder to make a divx. I want
> juste the second pid.

You can try option -aid 1 instead of default (-aid 0).

You can find detailed information concerning VDR files using -identify
option (whether second audio track is available).

There is also a (near committed) patch for mplayer to enable live audio
switching during playback. Maybe it is already available from latest
CVS builds.
(I have found it in MPlayer Dev MailList)

Patrick.