[vdr] Odd error, no free slot for PID

Rantanen Teemu teemu.rantanen at tekla.com
Tue Apr 12 18:17:58 CEST 2005

Lauri Tischler wrote:
> Where are the pid slots defined ?

You could change MAXPIDHANDLES (if I remember correctly) in VDR to a
larger value. I had few of these and this cured it without any other
visible symptoms. But beware, my recordings and viewing usually end up
into a budget card and only up to one recording or viewing on a full
card at a time...

At some point streamdev in combination with subtitles ate up quite a lot
of PIDS, and the limit was reached with only few recording + viewing +
streaming (if they ended up into the same DVB device).

And also, VDR doesn't (didn't?) seem to understand that it might try
another card which also could receive that channel, but gives up
instead.

I guess I lost subtitles on couple of recordings and audio on one,
before I noticed this was the reason.

					Teemu