[vdr] ProSiebenSat1 HDTV, aynone?

Carsten Koch Carsten.Koch at icem.com
Wed Apr 13 14:53:12 CEST 2005

Anssi Hannula wrote:
> Joerg Knitter wrote:
>
>> But asked again: Some claim, it definately can´t be recorded, then
>> there is a document about a modification for the 1.x cards to make
>> them able to record it. This modification was said to be the already
>> done on V2.x cards (Nexus).
>> Additionally, I have seen somebody last year receiving a HDTV channel
>> using a FF card and ProgDVB (Win) with a software decoder.
>>
>> So, what is the "real" situation with FF cards and HDTV?
>

> Some users have said that the FF card HDTV support has improved in the
> current dvb-kernel drivers, and you can actually record many (if not
> all) HDTV-channels.

I am using kernel 2.6.11 and the drivers that come with it.
When I tuned the (1.3) FF card to the ProSieben HD channel,
it crashed.
So I changed the channel entry CA field and allowed mu budget
card only on that channel.
Now the FF card indirectly shows the channel via transfer mode
and still crashes. :-(

Is that fixed in a later kernel or in the CVS drivers?

Cheers,

Carsten.