[vdr] Plugins showing their names in process list?

Chris Warren dvb at ixalon.net
Wed Apr 13 15:49:19 CEST 2005

Yeah, it would be nice - but the linux kernel is missing support for
setproctitle(), and the only user-space implementations I can find use the
incredibly hacky method of overwriting the characters in the argv[] array.

An example implementation:
http://cvs.linux-ha.org/viewcvs/viewcvs.cgi/linux-ha/heartbeat/setproctitle.
c?rev=1.10.2.1&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup.

Chris