[vdr] [ANNOUNCE] vdr-epgsearch.0.9.3
cwieninger at gmx.de
cwieninger at gmx.de
Thu Apr 14 23:09:11 CEST 2005
here's a new release of the epgsearch plugin.
You can find it here:
2005-04-14: Version 0.9.3
- implemented direct SVDRP communication (no more need for
svdrpsend.pl. For now, the old external method can still be used when you pass
it with -f as parameter, if you omit -f the internal method is used)
- added buttons '<<' and '>>' in detailed epg view (summary) to jump
to the previous/next event of the menu behind (schedule, now, next,
..., search results)
- new feature to use epgsearch for searching from other plugins
or scripts (see the README 'Usage from other plugins or scripts')
- shifting displayed time with FF, FR or by toggling with '0' is now
also available in schedule menu
- added a setup option to set a default for handling pay tv channels
when searching (does not affect search timers)
- fixed day check in searchtimer scan with respect to changes in
- changed detection of existing timers to reduce superfluous timer
- added channel name and subtitle to parameters for custom commands
- small change in input logic of 'from channel' when editing a search entry
- updated screen shots on project homepage
What is it about?
EPG-Search can be used as a replacement for the default schedules
menu entry. It looks like the standard schedules menu, but adds some
- Commands for EPG entries with 5 built-in commands like 'show repeats',
'create search'. One can add own commands for other needs, like adding a
- Add up to 4 user-defined times to 'now' and 'next'
- Searching the EPG: Create reusable queries, which can also be used
as 'search timers'.
- Search timers: Search for broadcasts in the background and add a
timer if one matches (similar to VDRAdmin's auto-timers) or simply
make an annoucement about it via OSD
- Progress bar in 'What's on now' and 'What's on next'
- Shift the time displayed by keypress, e.g. 'What's on now' + 30 minutes
- Start menu can be setup between 'Schedule' or 'What's on now'
- background check for timer conflicts (requires a recent timeline plugin)
- detailed epg menu (summary) allows jumping to the next/previous
Works only for vdr-1.3.x (x>=7). Tested on 1.3.10 to 1.3.23.
Parts of the sources are based on the repeating-EPG patch
from Gerhard Steiner, who gave me the permission to use them
(thanks for his work!).
More information about the vdr