[vdr] OT: Nvidia display for vdr/mplayer/xine/fvwm2 ?

syrius.ml at no-log.org syrius.ml at no-log.org
Sun Apr 17 11:20:19 CEST 2005

Grégoire Favre <Gregoire.Favre at gmail.com> writes:

Hi,

>> http://magma.epfl.ch/greg/linux/xorg.conf-twinview2
>
> Removing the "Xinerama" option and now I can have fullscreen with
> mplayer and xine :-)
>
> Now my only remaning issue is how to have fvwm2 being only on first
> screen and how to have xine fullscreen on second screen ?

Here I'm using TwinView, mplayer is launched with -xineramascreen and
directly goes to the right screen. For those programs that doesn't
have that kind of option I use the wonderfull sawfish to directly put
the window in the right place and also remove the window
title/border/&stuff.
mplayer -geometry size_ofxscreen_1 -xineramascreen 1 blabla...
for xine i also manually set the correct size and sawfish to does
the rest.

That way xv extensions are present on the 2 screens, and i can also
move a window from one screen to the other (with sawfish u can even do
that from the command line)

Have a nice sunday.