[vdr] dxr3 glitches - buffer problem?

Prakash Punnoor prakashp at arcor.de
Sun Apr 17 13:18:10 CEST 2005

Luca Olivetti schrieb:
> Prakash Punnoor wrote:
>
>> So my idea was to try to increase some buffer, if poossible. I know that
>> filling a bigger buffer will make channel switching slower, but I'd be
>> happy
>> if switching would be smooth... Furthermore if timeshifting goes
>> smooth, I'd
>> be even more happy.
>>
>> So, could anybody give me a pointer where to look in the source files?
>

> The buffers lenghts are defined in dxr3demuxdevice.h
> (AUDIO_MAX_BUFFER_SIZE and VIDEO_MAX_BUFFER_SIZE). I doubt that changing
> only this defines will change much if anything at all, but you can try.

Believe it or not, but it did help! I set both buffer 8x times higher and now
I nearly never have problems on ch switching. But is seems my system is now
way less responsive. Ie it reacts much worse on remote or keyboard. Is this
expected?

I am having another issue with dxr3 which I'll post in a seperate thread.
--
Prakash Punnoor