[vdr] Major modification of the OSD management in the dxr3 plugin

Luca Olivetti luca at ventoso.org
Mon Apr 18 17:49:56 CEST 2005

Laurence Abbott wrote:

> What is the overall status of all of these changes? I've not really had
> time to keep up with all of the patches flying back and forth!

The OSD works much better: better scaling, better use of colors, no
bleeding. That's the only thing I touched seriously (I'm not
knowledgeable enough to touch the other stuff, like the demuxer).
Ville's been commiting patches to make it compatible with new vdr
versions and assorted fixes. So, there are still many problems but many
things have improved.

> I'm currently using dxr3-0.2.3-pre2 with several patches applied for
> compatibility with more recent vdr versions. Should I try checking out a
> new version yet?

Why not? Keep a copy of what's working for you now and then try the new
stuff. If it doesn't work you can always go back, but I doubt you'll
want to ;-)

> I'm currently setting up an Epia based system so this
> may be academic for me but my brother is just setting up a new system
> with a dxr3!
>
> Is this cvs at cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/dxr3plugin or somewhere
> else? Just had a quick look and could only see HEAD and MAIN branches
> there.

There's also a vdr-dxr3-0-2 branch.

Bye