[vdr] Improving DXR3 OSD

Rantanen Teemu teemu.rantanen at tekla.com
Mon Apr 18 19:40:33 CEST 2005

I've been thinking about the following idea for few weeks now. I'm not
sure if it's possible to implement, but it's interesting thought though.

The idea is: is there an OSD frame buffer somewhere inside the DXR3, and
would it be possible to write OSD data directly into it (without
constructing dvd-compatible "osd-stream", which is the cause of all
problems as far as I can see).

I really don't know if this is technically possible at all, but I saw at
some page (which I cannot find anymore) a program, which wrote pictures
(=video) directly into DXR3 frame buffer (i.e. decoded video outside of
DXR3 and wrote rgb or yu12 (or whatever format was required) directly
into the frame buffer inside DXR3).

					Teemu