[vdr] cBitmap::Dirty isn't working

Reinhard Nissl rnissl at gmx.de
Mon Apr 18 21:30:36 CEST 2005

Hi,

Luca Olivetti wrote:

> I've also noticed that the xine plugin doesn't bother to copy only the
> changed areas, it copies the whole bitmaps in each Flush, I didn't check
> softdevice.

Which version of vdr-xine did you check? vdr-xine uses the dirty area
for quite a long time. In 0.7.3 I've added to check whether the dirty
area really differs from the previous call as VDR's channel display was
said to be dirty in each flush, and this resulting in high CPU load on
less powerful machines like the EPIA MII-6000E which only has a 600 MHz
CPU. vdr-xine now only sends the dirty area to xine, if the area really
differs from the last flush.

Bye.
--
Dipl.-Inform. (FH) Reinhard Nissl